General summary of duties: Contributes to Lynbrook Surgery Center by utilizing the nursing process in planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing care given to the surgical patient during the pre & post-operative period. Plans and delivers safe, effective nursing care until the patient is transferred to/from his/her care to the surgical RN and discharge.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Responsible for delivery of professional nursing care for assigned patients
- Performs nursing assessment
- Formulates nursing diagnosis/care plan
- Implements/evaluates care plan for all assigned patients
- Administers medications and interventions within scope of practice
- Demonstrates attention to detail by ensuring that all documentation is legible, complete, and accurate.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems, and objectives.
- Has knowledge of patient rights and strives to improve patient outcomes by respecting each patient’s cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory, compliance, and accreditation standards and requirements.
- Possesses critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates a willingness to listen to others and openly expresses respect for differing opinions.
- Demonstrates leadership, effective organizing, and planning skills.
- Effective problem solving skills to include data analysis and judgment to make effective decisions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High Impact Communication – Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer Skills – Knowledge and basic use of computer skills.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to build trust and gain respect through effective team leadership and participation skills.
Education: Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience in PACU or critical care area; ambulatory surgery center experience, a plus.
- Active RN license as required by state of New York.
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
- ACLS & PALS as required by facility.
- CCRN certification preferred.
To apply, fill out the form on this page.