General summary of duties: Contributes to the company by utilizing the nursing process in planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing care given to the surgical patient during the intra-operative period. Plans and delivers safe, effective nursing care until the patient is transferred from his/her care to the recovery R.N. Performs duties of the circulating or scrub role in caring for all age patients.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Maintains current knowledge of surgical procedures and techniques.
- Broad knowledge of anesthesia care and when to assist anesthesia team.
- Knowledge of current practice related to hand hygiene, aseptic and sterile technique.
- Knowledge of current practice of decontamination, high-level disinfectant, and sterilization procedures.
- Ability to identify and select instruments and equipment necessary for surgical procedures and appropriately interpret information on preference cards.
- Demonstrates attention to detail by ensuring that all documentation is legible, complete, and accurate.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems, and objectives.
- Has knowledge of patient rights and strives to improve patient outcomes by respecting each patient’s cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory, compliance, and accreditation standards and requirements.
- Possesses critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates a willingness to listen to others and openly expresses respect for differing opinions.
- Demonstrates leadership, effective organizing, and planning skills.
- Effective problem solving skills to include data analysis and judgment to make effective decisions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High Impact Communication – Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer Skills – Knowledge and basic use of computer skills.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to build trust and gain respect through effective team leadership and participation skills.
Education: Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience in an operating room setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
- Active RN license as required by state of New York.
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
- ACLS as required by facility.
- CNOR certification preferred.
To apply, please fill out the form on this page.